Buying with Our Help is Smart
Unlike the contracts with some buyer agent's, with ours the buyer never pays us any fees or commissions. We are paid as part of the transaction at closing by the listing brokerage, the builder or the seller.
We work with all kinds of sellers: Individual Owners, Local and National Builders and Real Estate Brokers. We can provide you with information on available properties that meet your criteria every day, often before they can be found on local and national Websites, and long before they appear in print advertisements. We will continue to search for and show you homes until you find the one you want to purchase.
Our Preferred Methodology
(1) During our first meeting at our office, we make sure you are aware of South Carolina Real Estate Agency Law. We will also give you a copy of our Buyer Agency Agreement and explain to you why it is in your best interest to have us working for you instead of the Seller.
(2) Before we can effectively help you find the right property, we need to understand your wants, needs, timeframe, knowledge of the area, and financing, so we will be asking you to complete a Buyer Profile for our records.
(3) If you have an email address, we can send you links to the available properties that meet your criteria every day. Sometimes this process can be completely automated, but for many buyers, we use a combination of automated searches combined with a manual review of each suspected match to ensure that it meets your criteria before we send you a link.
(4) If you do not have access to email, we will find another way to get you the information that you need to aid your decision making.
(5) We recommend that you drive by properties that you think have potential. We can then schedule a time when we can show you any of the properties that you still want to research further.
(6) If you are unable to drive by the properties with potential (for example, you are out of town), we can drive by for you and apply your location and appearance criteria as best we can. We can also take additional pictures and email them to you.
(7) When we show you a property, we are going to listen, ask questions, take notes and take pictures to help us help you in your decision process. Periodically, we are going to ask you to eliminate properties from your list of possibilities so we can focus further research on the most desirable properties.
(8) Assuming that we have a Buyer Agency Agreement in effect, we can provide you with Comparative Market Analyses to ensure your offers are competitive -- not too low or too high.
(9) After an offer has been accepted, we will help to schedule and monitor the many Closing Activities.
(10) After closing, we will be available to help you get settled in.
Additional Search Notes
We routinely search multiple Websites, including For Sale By Owner sites, visit new subdivisions and drive neighborhoods to ensure that we have current knowledge of the local Real Estate market. However, for many sellers, the first sign of their intent to sell is the For Sale sign in the yard. If you are targeting a particular neighborhood and driving through it periodically, it is possible that you may be one of the first to see a new For Sale sign. If you suspect this is the case and you want to know more about the properity, be sure to contact us quickly so we can beat the crowd to a potentially good deal.
Looking for Instant Equity
Many buyers exclude properties from further research because of curb appeal or interior flaws. This being the case, it is also possible bad curb appeal or bad interior appearance can translate into instant equity for you. We can always get estimates on repair costs, new carpet, painting, and landscaping before we make an offer. If an inspection reveals a major flaw, the seller may be willing to negotiate a much lower price with you rather than fix the flaw him or herself.